Friday, January 8, 2010

critics

Today’s my first day of dance class this year and also we reviewed our performance in Solo back in December. Right after the performance i felt confident because I thought we did pretty well even though there were some tiny mistakes but it was all good. It turns out that one audience wrote this in the critic paper : The Javanese teacher from Widyarini (my dance class’ name) seems like she’s not serious about teaching the kids Javanese dance. She doesn’t teach them the details in Javanese dance.I think Widyarini should look for a more professional teacher.

I was shocked when i heard that critic. Even though it’s not directly for us dancers it’s still so hurtful because we caused that critic to be sent to our teacher. At that moment I froze. I couldn’t say anything because I was too embarrassed. I want to cry because I’m embarrassed of my self.

Then I realized that this is a lesson for all of us. I don’t have to cry, I don’t have to be embarrassed because critics are supposed to make us stronger and better. Not lazy and embarrassed. So, i hope we can be better in our next performance so we wouldn’t dissapoint anyone anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment