Friday, February 4, 2011

my 'me' time

For a few months choir have been taking over my free time and it sucks. I love choir, I really do but we just finished a competition last month and now we're already extra practicing for another competition. I'm tired. I'm tired of always saying 'I can't go' to hang out with my friends because I have choir practice. I'm tired of being tired with this. And I'm sick of always waking up early on holidays to practice choir. Holidays are rare these days and now I have to sacrifice resting my mind body and soul for another 'work'. I know that if you do something you love it's not work. But if you keep doing it without rest it's not going to be fun anymore and that love will turn upside down.
I have talked about this with kak Ayu (current choir president) and a few of my friends and seniors and apparently they also thought that the length between one competition and another is waaaay too short and luckily kak Ayu also suggested that we have a break from competitions for a couple of months.
For me this is just too much. I wish I could tell them I wanna quit the team for this current competition, but I just don't have the heart to do it. We're already facing enough problems and I don't wanna be a burden to the team. It's a week to go but it feels like an eternity. I hope I can make it through and give my best to the team, Amin.

No comments:

Post a Comment