Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Little Janika to us came, gives us joy, and left again

It was Wednesday, 4th of July 2007. It was a school holiday. Janika (8) and Julian (5), my cousins, went over to my house and played there. Their older sister, Janis (10), was in the hospital because of dengue fever. We played and played until we were all exhausted. At night, they both went home and i watched tv, and did other stuff until i was sleepy and went to bed. The next morning, i woke up, had my breakfast with my family, and went to my other cousin's house to spend the rest of the day there with my sister's also. About 4 p.m we went home. But my driver and my sister's dropped me off at the hospital because i wanted to give a novel to Janis. When i went in to her room, i saw Janika on the bed next to Janis', unconcious. I asked my uncle and aunt what happened. They say that they checked Janika's blood because she also had the fever and they afraid that she might caught the dengue fever too. After the blood test, she fainted and, now here she is. I stayed there to accompany Janis. About one hour later, 6 p.m, she got worse. They put some sort of pipe thing in to her mouth and suck some blood from there. It was so terrifying! She makes a noise but it's not her talking. At about 6.30 p.m my mom, my other aunt and uncle came. The situation gotten worse. At 8 p.m my mom told me to went home with Julian, he's still 5 or 6 years old back than. So i went home.
At home, i was hoping that she'll be fine and i got to see her tomorrow, healthy. But, at 8.45 p.m, i got a call from my mom. She said that she had passed away. I was shocked! I just played with her yesterday, and now she's gone forever?! I, couldn't say a word until my mom told me to tell this to my other cousin, Bowie. But she told me not to tell Julian right now. So i tell my maids first and then i called my cousin.
Because the hospital was near to my house, and Janika's house was far, so they decided to brought her body there until morning to burried her. About 9 p.m her body came and they put it in. People started coming and praying, talk to my aunts and sort of stuff. Because my aunt used to be a singer and now she's a psychologist, media starts to called to my house and asked if the story was true. I answered all. Because i think of her a lot, i slept at 3 a.m.
The next morning i woke up at 8 a.m and the guest already filled in my house. There are cameras and sort. At about 9 or 10 they washed her and started to closed her. Janis had a permission of going out from the hospital to my house to saw her beloved sister for the last time. Janis, me, and Trista, my other cousin, sat side by side to saw her. We cried so hard until we had to take each others hand tightly. After that, Janis went back to the hospital, and all of us went to the cemetary. There, i saw all ceremony and ofcourse, cried again so hard. After that, all of my cousin and my family went back to my house to prepare the "tahlilan" for Janika.
A few days later, Janis got out from the hospital and stayed at my house for a few days.I write this to tell you how much i love Janika. And how much i miss her. And how she gives me inspiration to write some songs about her. And that song turns out okay. Not like my usual weird sounding songs.
Dear Janika, if you could read this, i really miss you, i really really miss you. Your smile that you always give to all of us when you came in to a place really light us up. Your voice when you sing a whole new world sometimes echoed in my head and motivates me to keep singing.
I change this sentence so it matches my story :
Little Janika to us came, gives us joy, and left again.
( Sophie's World pg. 7)

No comments:

Post a Comment