Wednesday, February 18, 2009

crazy fantastic glasses

i wore glasses since i was 10 years old. and i had worn almost every geek style glasses, from the classic blue small oval glasses, big oval purple glasses, white square glasses and now, black square glasses just like mandy moore's. if you think that these glasses' are just glasses, you're wrong.. every glasses have its own unforgettable stories..
the first glasses was the classic small oval blue glasses. one day i was at my cousin's house. we played all afternoon. when my aunt told me that my driver was on his way to picked me up, i realized that my glasses could bent. when i showed my aunt what my glasses could do, it broke to half! me, my aunt, and my cousin were all shocked! and i said to my aunt that it was okay and i was going to buy another glasses. when my aunt said okay, my driver arrived. so, i went home to tell my dad :(.
when i got home, i told my dad about what happened. but, i didn't quiet told him the truth. i told him that i accidentally sat on it. after that, my dad gave me a lecture about not being clumsy and then he told me that he was going somewhere. when my dad got home, he gave me a box. and inside it was a new glasses. it looked the same like the broken glasses. but, the glasses could turn! the lens could turned and it was meant to turn. so it wouldn't broke like the other one :D
at first, no body realized that i changed my glasses. but, as soon as i showed them the turning glasses (oh my God i was such a freak!) they started to know about my new glasses and some of them remembered me as the girl with turning glasses haha.
after a few months, i started to saw blurry and the i checked my eyes again. and that brings us to the next glasses story..
the second glasses was the big oval purple glasses. it was horrible!!!!!!!!! it made looked like betty la fea minus the braces and long curly hair! and at the same time, i just cut my hair short and without fringe! omg, it was disgusting!!!! and most unforgettable part wearing the glasses was my yearbook photo shoot! uuuuuurrrrrrrrrrgghhhh. i was planning to changed the glasses because it was blur again (it's a few months after i changed from the turning glasses). but, because my mom was so busy at that time, we haven't had the time to look for another one. because of that, i went to that photo shoot with that glasses and i was wearing my fave washed out t-shirt and blue jeans and chocolate running shoes. omg you should see how i looked! it was far from tres chic. and the best part was i started to realized that i didn't look good in that glasses. so, i was kinda embarrassed :D
luckily, a few weeks later my mom and me went to look for another glasses. and here is the "AMING" style..
the third glasses was the white square glasses. i bought this glasses because all of my friends said that it would looked good on me because i had a fair skin. so, i looked for a white framed glasses. and i found it. and as soon as i wore that glasses to school, i had a new nickname, AMING. wow, it was really a humiliating nickname because people started to looked closer at me and said , "wow! you really do looked like aming" and then the rest of my friends would laugh and i would pretend to laugh like i didn't care. and another omg moment with this glasses was at my elementary farewell trip. the committee hired a cameraman to shot all of our activities in the trip and also photographer to capture all things. and all of that were being put inside a CD that they gave to all of us with the yearbook as well. it was sooo embarrassing because i was one of the student who was being asked about our opinions about our school and this field trip and that will last forever in that CD oh nooooooooooo.
and now my moment with this glasses in junior high. at the student orientation time, we all had to use crazy outfits and our hair had to be in three ponytails. and back then, i wasn't as feminine as today so when i asked my friends recently about their first impression of me, they said that i looked like a boy and i was a crazy wild girl :D well, i could live with that haha. and the most shocking thing that happened to me while i was wearing this glasses was, a boy said he liked me and he wanted me to be his gf! omg, that was the first boy that had ever said something like that to me. even though i was so excited about this first time :D i didn't liked the boy so i said, "you're a really nice guy but i'm not really that in to you. so can we just be friends?" and fortunately he said okay :D.about 6 months after that, the glasses were blur again and brought me to this new moment..
the fourth glasses is the square big black glasses. and this glasses, i think was the best for me. because at that time, dark framed and big glasses were so in. and i didn't know that until i wore that glasses and looked at a similar one at a fab fashion mag. and the most unforgettable moment with this glasses was when i was chosen as the student body president :D. it was so exciting because many people voted for me and my partner. it was the happiest day of my organization life :p haha. and until today, i still have so much fun with this glasses :)
so, i'm not superstitious or anything, but i think my glasses reminds me of some incredible moment in my life. and that's fantastic because i'm not really good at memorizing :D. and i hope my next glasses, which i hope doesn't look geeky on me and reminds me of bad things, can give me memories about my crazy life :D

No comments:

Post a Comment