Sunday, June 13, 2010

it's hard to... even though... my fault... oh my

Widyarini (my dance course) is having another performance this June. It's pretty exciting because we work together with another dance course called OJAI. Besides from working together with OJAI, the performance will be a musical theater. Can you imagine it?! Musical theater!!! It has been my dream since I knew how to sing and dance! The other exciting part is the play is adapted from a folk story from east Borneo so it's gonna be Indonesia-licious (????).
But, the most exciting part was that I was chosen to play a role! I got the part of Itaaq which means : grandma. Errr it's not the coolest character that you can play but it's still so fun because this is my first time performing in a musical theater.
It was fun. It WAS fun until I got the news that I wouldn't dance. I started to regret what I had chosen. Yes, one of my dreams was to win an Oscar (laugh if you want), but not dancing? I couldn't imagine how I'd feel seeing my other friends dance. But I know that I couldn't quit so I did the theater and just have fun.
It was pretty fun for a few weeks even though I still feel kinda sad whenever I saw them rehearse, until today.
We had a 5 hours rehearsal. It was pretty intense because the performance date is getting closer and closer. First, the cast and dancers practiced separately. After that, we got together in a room to start practicing together. This was when the disaster happened.
The first thing they rehearsed was a dance routine called the Gantar dance. It was AMAZING! In the middle of the dance I suddenly started to cry. I felt sad. Seeing someone dance something that I could do if I hadn't accept the part of Itaaq made me sad. When they finished the dance, a lot of my friends approached me and asked me what's wrong. I told them what's wrong and my tears just burst out of control. I told them how much I wanted to dance, how much I regret taking the part, how much I hated seeing them dance because I wanted what they could do, I also told them that I wanted to kill them for dancing (yes I still can joke while crying).
They all told me that I'm very talented in what I was chosen to do and I shouldn't regret taking the part because this performance is just a small speck if compared to the millions of performances out there. And they're right. I should be proud of what I was chosen to do and dancing's not gonna leave me unless I leave them, right?
So I stood up, acted my lines and felt much better standing up there. Today had really taught me a lot of things. Don't afraid to take new opportunity, do what you love but do explore other things and the most important thing that I learned today was friends are the best thing in the whole world. Next to your family, of course.
So, don't forget to watch this musical theater!

OJAI presents :
Aji Killip Musical Theater.
Adapted from the East Borneo folk tale.
Sunday, June 20, 2010
First show : 14.00-15.15
Second show : 16.00-17.15
Teater Salihara : Jl. Salihara 16 Pasar Minggu, Jakarta Selatan.

More info and ticket booking : -Dhenok : 081281677676
- Salihara : 021-7891202

No comments:

Post a Comment